- ProtonMail – Achieves secure encryption by only allowing Webmail access.
- Hushmail.com – Canadian provider been around since 1999.
- Thexyz – Another secure and private Canadian provider with 10+ year history.
- Tutanota – German email provider focused on privacy.
- RiseUp.net – Another RoundCube service.
- ShazzleMail – Free POP email access.
- StartMail.com – IMAP compatible Dutch email provider.
- Autistici/Inventati – A more complex but private email service.
- NeoMailBox.com – Unlimited aliases, SSL and OpenPGP encryption.
- 4SecureMail.com – Send secure mail to any email addresswith RSA SSL encryption.
- CounterMail.com – Designed to provide maximum security and privacy without any unnecessary complexity.
- S-Mail.com – Messages are encrypted and decrypted through PGP, SSL and DSA algorithms on the user’s PC
- Securenym.net – SecureNym now supports both PGP and S/mime server-side encryption.
- Safe-Mail.net – Only accepts messages from other Safe-mail.net users and from those in Address Book.
- Novo-Ordo.com – Sub Rosa Secure Email is a division of Epiphyte LLC with a mail box in Nevada, USA.
- LockBin.com – Lockbin protects messages in transit with 256-bit TLS/SSL.
- SendINC.com – Sends encrypted emails, not actually a provider.
- Opolis.eu – Opolis Secure Mail is owned by privately-held PI Technology Co WLL.
- OneShar.es – Self destructing emails.
- BitMessage.ch – Send up to 500 emails per day with this free service.
Lavabit – Shut down as of August 2013 after Edward Snowden was found using the service and the FBI tried to gain access to encryption keys.
SilentCircle.com – Email service shut down as of August 2013. All of their other services still work.
TorMail.org – Tor-based email service now dead after FBI server seizure.